The weather is cold and gray today, after a little warm weather Friday and Saturday. We had a very quiet, private New Year's Eve celebration; when I got home from work my husband brought home some great Chinese take-out. It was perfect! I had spent the day at three different places. One was the home of a wealthy lady who needed help taking down her Christmas decorations. She is well connected and told us some incredible stories including a New Years party she went to where some professional athletes were more like gangsters if you know what I mean....
The last stop was to help a couple set up for a party. They were cooking in the kitchen and needed help setting out table linens and washing wine glasses. They are also well connected, as they are both famous and have lots of friends. After a not so leisurely drive home, my quiet dinner at home with hubby was just right!
So, back to knitting! I am going to allow the pictures to tell you the thousand words I can't think of to say.
Kinder Mitts Progress - step by step
You may have wondered if I had determined somewhere along the way if there was enough yarn to do the second Kinder Mitt. Proof positive:
Amount of yarn needed for mitt: approx. 1.3 ounces. Amount of yarn left on skein? C4URself.
So there you have it. Cables, thumb gusset, cast off and all while I listened to the Belle of the Ball podcast. ##121, 122, & 125 where she mentions our local Cannonsburgh Harvest Days and Fiber Festival from October (I'm behind on the podcasts!).
I will tell you the rest of my resolutions in no particular order.
Photograph trees
Go to movies with spouse
Update Ravelry posts every month
Quit smoking cigars
Stop going to monster truck events
(Okay, the last two won't be a problem, really, but I needed to pad the list so it looks legit.)