Monday, October 18, 2010

Pebble Beach

I took some time last night while watching football, to knit a little while on what I intend to call the Pebble Beach socks.  The yarn is a nice little brown variegated cotton, and it comes from Sockotta; I got it in a yarn-trade at spinning meeting last year.

It is a breeze to knit with my Inox DPNs and the pattern is 3x3 rib, with a cast on of 60. Perfect number for 3 working needles and 60 stitches.

The cotton yarn is a nice change from wool, which is what I spin almost exclusively.  I need to do some more carding.  I haven't spun much lately because I have nothing carded.  Several fleeces out there, mind you.  But almost all of it needs to be picked and carded.  ( If I could only afford to send it off to Ohio Valley to have it done professionally. Maybe that would be a good Christmas present for me.....)

My husband is coming home tonight and I really miss him. He has been in California for a few days on business and it seems like weeks. I was absolutely lost without him at church yesterday!  We are one of the few couples left in the world that really enjoy staying married.  I am blessed to have a kind, thoughtful man who would never ever do anything to embarrass or dishonor me. He is loving and romantic. He is genuine and honest, trustworthy and gutsy. He truly loves people and it shows.  If there was a boy scout merit badge for being a good husband, he deserves one!