The last few days have been full and busy, but in a good way. My birthday was yesterday and we've had out of town company so there was food to fix,with a few trips to town and some re-arranging cars in the driveway so folks could get in and out of the garage. (All good problems to have and I'm extremely thankful.) One of the best birthdays ever!I still have some leftover chocolate cake on the table and there are sheets to wash in the laundry room, but I'm not about to start them till Monday.
I have only knitted a little swatch with this yarn but I'm determined to post something of knit-value before the week is out. Otherwise, I'm a complete failure as a knit-blogger.
The stitch is called the Rose Hip Stitch, and is not reversible in case you ask. The needles are size 6 Harmony. The Elsebeth Lavold yarn is call pine green/014 on this website, but I'm calling it teal. The first picture above is a truer color representation, FYI.
I'd like to do something with this white worsted yarn, that's been in the garage for years, literally. There's no expiration date on the label (what label?) but I'm sure it needs to be used up.
I have turned 46 and my expiration date is still a long way off, even though I'm pooped today. We shopped and ran around yesterday, as they say. After a good long trip to Hobby Lobby for the girls, I walked out to the parking lot to bring the car to the front of the store to pick up the gang. No can do. Car won't start.
So I call DH, who doesn't answer. My DDIL says she can get my car jumped off, since we also had my daughter's car with us, and both of us had jumper cables. Before too long, the damage was done and we were on our way back home. All the fellas were watching a movie and had no idea we were even late getting back. They knew we girls were shopping and talking and have fun, so in the end, there was no harm done.
I did start my car today and let it run a while, just to be sure my battery was good for tomorrow. It is good, by the way.
I'm trying to stay warm, and I see the weatherman is forecasting more snow this week. It is good to have all this snow, because I will be more thankful than ever when it gets hot this summer. I just wish I could have one warm day to plant my lettuce. It should have been in the ground by the 15th and I'm way behind. Oh me!