It's snowing today but that is not a problem for me; I have two wonderful surprises to keep me company this morning (aside from my friends the Cardinals - click the photo to see Mr. C ).
This week there were two deliveries left at my house. One was a complete surprise as I was heading to the grocery store. The large envelope was thin and I thought it was probably my two packs of lettuce seeds, which I would not be able to get to until we have a sunny day that coincides with a day off for me. Instead it was this!!!!!
The first installment from my yarn of the month club!
I felt like that little pig on the Geico commercial with the pinwheel, all the way to the grocery store. I couldn't wait to get home and play with my new samples.
Today I knit the first of the swatches.
This is the stitch I chose from my book, 400 Knitting Stitches. It's call the Andalusian stitch. Perfect for a swatch. The yarn is call Princess by Filanda; 100% wool and the colorway is #089.
The needles I used were from my second surprise delivery, which came yesterday. Bought with some Christmas moo-lah! It's a Knit Picks circular needle sampler containing size 6 Harmony wood, size 7 nickle plate and size 8 Zephyr acrylic set(s) of points with two 24" cables and the little plastic stoppers for holding your work.
Dear hubby brought it to me last night while I was getting ready for our 'date night'. He saw my face light up and asked what he could do in the future to elicit that kind of response. "Buy me more of these!!"
For Christmas I also received an Amazon gift card which I used for a new Kindle book by Agatha Christie. I had been reading a large history based novel but after 300 pages I have decided to put it away. Too steamy and not enough suspense for my taste.