It was so pretty in color and the swatch turned out very nice. It's a soft yarn with good stitch definition. I used my plastic size 7 needles from a thousand years ago.
I bought them in the early days after 9/11 when you didn't know what kind of needles they'd allow on planes. Now they still can't decide but bamboo seems to make it through the radars pretty well, FYI!
I also closed the heel and toe of the Gold slippers for my DH, and started the second one. It's just such an easy thing to knit, that getting to the kitchener stitch doesn't even phase me. No fear, no dread! How about that?
I spun some more of the coral wool that's carded in the little basket by my wheel. I heard the song by Seals & Crofts called Hummingbird and it really made me think of this wool.
I took some marvelous pictures of a hummingbird on a trip I took to Central America last spring. The bird just sat on a large bush and waited for us to shoot picture after picture. He came back almost every morning.
If you haven't been noticing my 'tree' pictures, then you're probably not a regular reader of my blog. (I think about four people read this, but it hasn't slowed me down yet!)
It has been hard to capture good pictures without them looking like a silhouette, so I guess that's what's meant to be. It's just that time of year, and the sun isn't out very much right now. I'm enjoying the cold weather though; it's crisp and breezy most days and keeps me moving. Not all bad, really.