Okay, I finally, finally found some inspiration. I have kept this picture bookmarked for probably two years and always thought it would make a great fair isle project.
I was pondering yesterday what I did/did not want to knit. Socks or gloves? No; not two of anything.
Scarf? Too much of a commitment. Hat? Not feelin' it.
I wanted something with some interest that was small but that I would only have to knit once.
Then it hit me like I'd won the lottery. Light bulb burning in my head, I found the bookmarked picture and picked these three yarns from my stash.
Excited, I started right away on the project with the naivete of a ten year old girl. It was going so well, even though I could see it would need some serious blocking when I was finished. I even scanned, printed and colored a graph for continuity. But it soon became apparent that I would have to frog it. The cozy was loose and the pattern would need some tweaking, because of a silly mistake I had made.
Then the point of no return came when I realized I hadn't allowed for the handle. Oh - My - Gosh. Like making a sweater with no armholes. What a complete and total testament to my jumping the gun! I can hear the ref call "Off Sides" and see yellow flags being thrown all over the place.
So I went to Ravelry and looked up French Press Cozy and got enough hits to realize this could not be knit in the round, and I did NOT want to do argyle on straight needles. Not really.
I recently listened to the Belle of the Ball podcast where she gets a cup of French Press coffee. I am definitely a Starbucks kind of girl (aka snob) and I don't like the grounds that a French Press leaves in your cup. Ewww. But the idea of making a cozy for a coffee maker is much better than making a matching set of cozies for your bathroom potty. Don't you think? And the colors in this Fair Isle project are so pleasing to me. I love neutral tones and natural colors! Perfect project for another snowy week!
