Monday, March 21, 2011

Jaded

As of this moment, my bones are disagreeing with my work schedule. While I am committed to doing lots of things that require flexibility, agility and movement in keeping with the stamina and body of a 20 year old, my bones are objecting, rejecting and calling the authorities whenever I push the issue.  Point taken.  Will look into it, I promise.

My hands seem to be able to keep up pretty well with my knitting and spinning goals, and since these remain "old lady activities" I should be good for a while.

Since it was sunny and warm on Saturday, I did a little housework (to satisfy my conscience) and made my way to the garage to clean up my yarn-stash-area.  It's all contained on a large oriental rug that I've used as an imaginary boundary line for all my gear, yarn and fiber processing equipment.  I think I did a really good job and realized as the day went on that I couldn't stop.  I kept doing one more thing until the day was gone.
I dyed some wool and yarn with this Jade green dye from Cushing.

I determined to make the next swatch from my YOTM club.  It is called Angel by Debbie Bliss (queen of yarn in my little world!)  and is made of Super Kid Mohair and Silk. 

Later I finished the gray wool socks all the way to the toes.

Sadly I don't recall giving them a name.  Kind of like naming your new  black cat, "Kitty"  or "Blackie".  I am out of yarn for the heels so they will be knit with this ball of yarn, all of which is homespun wool.  You can barely see the thread where the afterthought heel will go.  

Today I spent my time helping move someone out of their 'corporate' office and to their home.  Home offices are becoming more and more popular, mostly for cost cutting measures.  In reality, home offices just mean you never stop working.  Home offices mean you start when you wake up, break for lunch or coffee, keep working in the afternoon, and pick up where you left off after dinner.  Just ask my hubby.   :-)