If it's Tuesday, this must be (not Belgium) the night I catch up on my Tivo shows. And the night I knit like a fiend. I do not deny that I love to knit; it's like a pacifier that I can get away with. And it's very legal, so no one can fuss. And to make it holy, God was a knitter! Oh you didn't know? Yes, it says in the Bible that God knit me in my mother's womb. So if He was knitting way back when, it MUST be okay!
The opportunity to remake an old sweater has been hanging over my head for a while (all winter). So on Monday night I ripped out the stitches in the neck of the purple sweater, and re-knit several rows of ribbing. The cast off had been too tight, so much so that I couldn't get it over my head. Now all I have to do is block it. Yippee!
I designated Monday as a play day, since I happened to get the day off at the last minute. I took advantage of not having any scheduled chores and made a trip to Hobby Lobby and got this yarn.
I started a little hoodie for a baby with this washable cotton from Bernat. Very soft and a sweet cocoa color. I'm knitting on size 6 needles as the pattern calls for.
I haven't forgotten the red wrap, in case you're wondering. It's coming along just fine. I worked on it some Monday evening.
I haven't watched any basketball this week. All my teams are out and the fun is just gone. Pooh. Instead I have downloaded some more knitting podcasts and listened to one on my way to work this morning. An hour commute in heavy traffic was made nearly
I worked for about 8 hours straight, my only break being a 10 minute drive from one place to another. Came home famished and could not resist the comfort that only a cheeseburger can bring. It was good, really good, but I ate too fast. Anyway, it was worth it!! I felt I deserved a treat after a long day at work and a bad week last week. My friend's husband had a heart attack, my brother in law lost his job, I endured a personal humiliation at work that I'd rather forget, found out that our quarterly paycheck that's a month late will now be two months late, and some folks I love are being investigated. (Don't ask!) I am not complaining about my life, just sharing why I thought it necessary to get a cheeseburger this afternoon. Like I said, it was worth it!


