Twice this week I heard the song Uncle Albert and thought of the gray socks. I figure that they really do deserve a name and even though I haven't had time to knit this week, I could at least pick up some heel stitches and name the little guys.
It seems like, if I had an uncle with a British accent, he would probably be called Uncle Albert and would be the kind of man who wears gray wool socks.
The weather has been pretty gray the latter part of the week, and once again, it feels like England must feel every day. Wet, cool, damp, moist....but green. It's sooooo green outside, and that is my favorite color.
On a sad note, my spinning group buddy, Marty, is going through chemo and about to start radiation. All this time we've spent together, I never thought I'd be typing about her cancer. I hate it. She is such a lovely person and is such a talented spinner and knitter. I got my knitting machine from her and don't know how much carded roving I've gotten from her, as well as stash-reduction sock yarn. She's a talented sock designer and cookbook author. I am praying for her healing and that she would be back to her old self soon, long shiny hair and all!
On a happier note, I will be participating in a community garden this year. Woo Hoo! My friend Marlene invited me to be her partner this spring and I couldn't be more thrilled. She plants the usual stuff and I am excited to try them and a few new things as well.
My lettuce in the back yard is doing very well, although the lack of sunshine and warm weather has kept them from flourishing. I saved about half a packet of seeds from each variety so hopefully I'll be able to plant them in my new country garden!