Sunday, March 13, 2011
Not what you'd expect
Friday morning I woke up to the news of the earthquake and tsunami. Frightening things in a place where there's no where to run - the island of Japan. Today they are watching for and trying to prevent a nuclear meltdown. Life is not always what we'd expect and sometimes there's just no way to be prepared for the unexpected.
My weekend in NC did not include a trip to the LYS after all. Plans change and the unexpected happens. (We had a car accident.) But I still had a wonderful visit with my FIL and got to see a dear friend who I've known for years. She and I made plans to take a trip together later this spring, just us girls; something I never, ever do. But I made a vow to renew my social life this year and this seemed like a great way to keep my promise!
While away this weekend, I caught up on some knitting, including of course the red wrap which is about to see the start of a new ball of yarn.
I wound the last hank into two balls and have the next to last ball ready to tie on!
I also knit a swatch with yarn from my YOTM collection on the drive there. This is definitely a yarn I would pay money for. Being a spinner, it's hard to say that about any yarn, but this one is knitter friendly and looks good, too. I randomly took a size 5 needle that I thought would be appropriate for any of the yarns in the pack.
Last night I couldn't sleep and grabbed my lap top to look at YouTube videos of carding wool. I found this one that demonstrates how to make roving through a diz, straight from the drum carder. It was the kind of thing you'd enjoy dreaming about. Sad to say I still didn't get much sleep last night. High hopes for this evening, cause I gotta go to work tomorrow (Monday).