Tuesday, January 29, 2013

KNITTING IN HD


KNITTING
The last few days it feels like I've been knitting in HD.  This is basically just a scrap blanket, but the colors are really holding my interest, and there's a lot of time in between changing yarns, so that I'm not aggravated with tying and cutting thread.  (That's a pain in the rear, to me!)


If this goes well, I'll probably do another one to get rid of use up a lot of my odd balls of yarn.
Colors from a beach vacation

SPINNING
I spent some quality time in the garage, since the weather warmed up this week.  I was able to card some fleece for later use, and blend some of the new angora with this lovely white wool.  Very soft for spinning!
French Angora/Wool blend

I also washed a small batch of greasy fleece, because when I went to card it, it felt like a fry-cook had used it to clean the griddle! Dawn dish liquid to the rescue - works great on greasy fleece, that's for sure.  I don't like gummy yarn,  ain't nobody got time for that

 READING
 I'm a third of the way through "Wild" on audio.  Good story, although not what I'd imagined it would be like.

However, it has served to whet my appetite for hiking!  Next sunny day we have, I think I'll be headed to Cheekwood for the day!
I also joined a small group Bible study this week and there will be a bit of reading and homework with that, so it may cut in to my other reading for a while.

PERSONAL
Handsome birthday boy and his lovely wife at Antique Archaeology

Tomorrow is my son's 26th birthday - and what a great son he is!
baby on the doorstep - playing for tips
We all went to the American Picker's store in Nashville and then to a local taco place to celebrate, followed by a trip to the mall. Lots of fun, but we were all pooped when it was over with.
Shopping at Green Hills Mall, Nashville