| This color is right on the money! (I had to say it) |
| This pic is way too green! |
| top of my Louet spindle |
I finished this scarf, too late for a Christmas gift, but nice anyway. Simple, easy rib pattern from Jacob fleece.
| Long John Scarf |
| Long John in progress |
My New Years resolutions are pretty much set up, so here we go:
There seems to be a theme, that I mentioned in my last post. I feel like "Off The Grid" says it well. I'll start with spinning since that's been more obvious in recent blog posts.
Spinning for 2013 will consist of carding any and all existing fleeces that I possess. And I mean it this time! I will do my best to spin at least half of the time on spindles, but plying will most likely take place on a wheel. I'd really like to spin half of all existing wool, etc. That's a goal, mind you. But I'm all over it, like white on rice!
Knitting shall consist of learning to steek. I will say it again. I will learn to steek this year. Look it up, if you don't know what that means. Its a technical term, fyi, and again, I'm all over it. White on rice, you know.
Reading is a bit more tricky for 2013. I've started to read through the Matthew Henry commentary on a daily basis. I don't, in my wildest dreams, anticipate finishing it this year. The book is almost 2,000 pages long and I am only reading a couple of pages a day. Its more of a Bible study, and his writing is very rich. Its deep and confrontational, in a good sort of way.
I intend to read at least 6 biographies this year, most likely about women, and I hope them to be about First Ladies of the United States. I will also read a few Agatha Christie books and a couple more of my favorite authors, whose new works I missed out on in 2012, due to last year's resolution. (to not buy or read new books)
Personally I plan to do my nails every Sunday night. No biggie there. I have no weight loss or exercise goals. I am, however, determined to eat more for fun. I want to try new wines (Wednesdays, maybe?) and experience some decadent foods that I've never tried before. But not in excess.
Lastly, I am looking at meeting with friends much more than I did last year. Last year was a tough year, and I really feel like I was isolated and prone to melancholy at times. This year will be different. I have made the connection and plan to not let it happen, if I can help it.
I pray that your new year will be blessed and joyful. I pray that you will experience no less than the best life has to offer, and that you'll give back in equal amounts, if not more!
Happy New Year, ya'll!!