Thursday, January 17, 2013
Heartbeat
So we're smack dab in the middle of winter. I'm listening to the Kopecky Family Band sing Heartbeat. You should too. Laundry is all washed, mostly dried and the rest is hanging all over the laundry room on hangers and on the folding wooden "clothesline".
SPINNING
My sweet husband really encouraged me to order my birthday present(s) today. Without much arm-twisting I did! Two Bosworth spindles. One is a Morado Midi and the other is a Bloodwood Mini. They should be shipped in a week. Like the Kopecky song says,
You make my heart beat beat a beat, like a drum for you
Everyday it's closer....
I'll let you know when the spindles arrive!
I jumped in with the spinning challenge from Ravelry mentioned in my previous post. I spun these colorful samples on my Turkish spindle and plied them on the Louet.
KNITTING
I finished the Lilac Two Needle mittens and started another pair in the round. I really don't like seaming, and the finished seam looks a little wonky, if you ask me. Its on the outside edge of the hand.
And I completed the Angora Beret for my daughter. Beads added. Frayed ends tucked. Voila! So, so soft!
A great, big, wonderful thing happened this morning while clicking links to various websites. I found a link to a tutorial for steeking! One of my resolutions is to learn to steek this year, and after looking at the pictures and skimming the instructions in the tutorial, I feel very confident that I'll be able to tackle this scary giant of a technique. Once again, my heartbeat is like a drum! I can do this!
PERSONAL
I finally gave up on the mystery I was reading. I just didn't care any more, and I decided enough was enough. So I ordered the book I wanted to read all last year. The newest book by Kate Morton. Its on my Kindle now. Be still my heart!
Oh, and did you notice the nail polish in the first picture? It may be from Target, but its on my nails right now! Btw, another resolution was to keep my nails polished weekly. So far, so good!
