Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bears and Butterflies


Well, I've been a little social butterfly this week!  On Monday I met with a friend who's learning to crochet.  She had some instructions for a variation of a granny square baby afghan worked on a large crochet hook with thick, bulky chenille yarn.  She had ripped everything out a few times and was ready to try once more.
After a bit, she began to crochet like a soldier doing a rifle drill.  Determined, steady and very rapid for a beginner - she got through a few rounds while we sat together, and by the next day, had finished the baby blanket!! Good show!  Atta girl!  I could not have been prouder, and am super excited to have another stitcher walking the streets!
Roslyn's baby blanket

KNITTING
Yesterday we had to run some errands and I grabbed this silly little sock to work on in the back seat of the car.  It has been mindless knitting - moving down the foot in 1x1 ribbing.  (Knit 1 Purl 1)
Lavender footie socks!!

Will do the kitchener stitch toe tonight and break the yarn. Looking soooooooooooooo forward to my next project.  I worked on it a heck of a lot last night while watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.  Oh. My. Word. Gritty and edgy, full of scary, violent moments.  This is the kind of show that will make you afraid of even smelling drugs, let alone trying them or hanging out with anyone who does them. What a dangerous world it is to mess with dope. Yikes.

SPINNING
I finished another skein of the watermelon roving, this time plying a little differently so that the colors mingled and the whites held together at times.  Pretty in a different kind of way.
Watermelon Roving spun/ 2 Ply




And I can't remember if I shared the wool I dyed last week. Sun Yellow and Blue.  Great primary colors for blending and I carded enough now for simple spinning.  I could comb either batch and have a very upscale yarn.  Good stuff!
Blue and Sunny Yellow dyed wool
READING
I've started a new audio book by Louise Penny called Beautiful Mystery, and I'm working on my lone paperback, Defending Jacob.  Both are well written and recommended! 

PERSONAL
Today I went to get a haircut and my hairdresser suggested we grab some lunch!  Was I up for it?  Is the Pope Catholic?  Do bears potty in the woods?  YES!  And as a result of this meal of fortune, we decided on a time to meet for a craft night next month.  Extra woo-hoos all aroundCrafters are coming out of the woods, maybe because of the bears going potty...