 |
| Lake Lure NC |
This past weekend, my husband and I took a trip to the mountains of western North Carolina, where we used to live. I was extremely excited to go, because it meant
a trip to Asheville to my favorite fiber store, Earth Guild.
My husband and our friend Gary write songs together, and have done so for many years. Their partnership has landed a
platinum record, and many years of supplemental income. In the last several years they have worked together to write an album full of songs which they recorded.
 |
| Jamie and Gary leading worship |
This weekend they performed the songs, and a few others at a couple of churches in NC. It was a sweet weekend seeing old friends and enjoying some of the most beautiful scenery in the nation, the Blue Ridge Mountains.
 |
| Balcony view of Bald Mountain |
Saturday was my day to go to Earth Guild in Asheville, with my dear friends Midge and Gary's wife Debra.
Midge always makes me feel like I'm fifteen, whenever I'm around her.
She's the kind of girl who says what's on her mind, and makes me do the same thing, whether I mean to or not. Lovely Debra got caught up in the whirlwind of girl-talk, telling a whopper of a story that I'd never heard before. I really didn't believe it until her husband, Gary confirmed the story. Midge, Debra and I walked the streets and enjoyed the light snow, smiling, laughing, and snapping pictures.
 |
| Bamboo Fiber |
I bought the dye I expected to buy at the fiber store, as well as a bobbin for my spinning wheel, some
bamboo fiber, a diz, and elastic thread for sock knitting reinforcement.
A lady who does all the fiber dyeing for the store offered me an assortment of jars to use for mixing colors. I wish I knew her name to thank her - what a sweet and generous gift. And Midge bought a DVD on how to knit, and some yarn to get started!! Woo hoo, I multiplied myself! Debra's also a knitter and she picked up some novelty yarn and origami paper for her grandson.
 |
| Debra and Midge in front of Mayfel's |
We ate lunch at a place called
Mayfel's where I had the grilled cheese. Yum. And I found another yarn store as we were walking back to the parking garage!
I listened to quite a bit more of my audio book, and knitted on the second little walnut sock. Its almost done and I will jump right in on the second purple sock as soon as I'm finished. Socks go slow, and I'm remembering why I don't knit socks more. They just take so darned long!