Monday, March 18, 2013

March Winds!

PERSONAL
The weather this week has gone full tilt from sunny, warm and inviting to windy, chilly and angry. Wow!  March winds today for sure!
MARCH Winds!
I had a wonderful weekend, starting Friday when my husband took me out to eat at a local sandwich place, then to a large mall nearby for a leisurely walk. Very nice day, but we didn't want to come home yet, so we stopped at a Mexican restaurant in the mall and grabbed an appetizer and a glass of tea.  Such a nice day and plenty to look forward to on Saturday morning.  Babysitting our granddaughter while her folks helped some friends move into their new house. 

I brought this spinning along to pass the time while our little girl slept.  The colors are so beautiful, and since green is my favorite color, it kept me interested, wanting to keep spinning more and more.  I love when projects do that!
Hand-Painted Bamboo Roving
I love when you get so into something so good, and you just don't want to stop.  Some things in life have to be endured, but the fun ones are as good as gold!
 Today I'm heading out into the weather to teach an old friend how to crochet!  Now this will be one of those golden occasions.
Yesterday was also gold; family all over for Sunday dinner - ham, black-eyed peas and yeast rolls! Photo shoot amongst the flowers and making plans for more of the same!

KNITTING
I've taken this with me a few times lately, but mostly I'm just enduring the last bit of knitting.
ARE WE THERE YET?
Its a soft and pretty sock, but I'm frankly tired of it now.  Ready to be done and ready to start something new.... my short attention span is showing!

GARDENING
A few weeks back I planted seeds for all kinds of greens in the back yard, right before I left on my trip to NC. Kale, Collards, Spinach, Turnips and Lettuce!
Spinach for my guns!
Itsy Bitsy lettuce leaves
the last few turnip seeds tossed at the end of the row
Lettuce sprouts!
 With all the warm weather we've had, they've already sprouted and given me hope for the months ahead! 

SPINNING
Spinning the Watermelon Wool has been interesting and a learning adventure for me - not having a real true creative bone in my body.  I'm not good with color and I just spun this stuff in regular sequence, rather than haphazard.   But it worked out well. 
You can see, the color sequence was melon, white, green, white, repeat.
Watermelon Watermelon

First little skein of the watermelon (looks too orange in this pic!)
I thought there might be some sections where the melon and green would mix, but the white between every color prevented that!  It still looks good though. Can't wait to swatch it and show you how it looks!