SPINNING
Today was beautiful and I spent a long time in the garage. Its usually super cold in the garage, but today was partly sunny (whatever that means) and I took full advantage of the mild weather. I dyed wool and carded wool. Yes!
| Carded natural gray roving with my new button DIZ |
| Pile O' Shamrock Green roving/batts |
I am finished with the gun metal blue roving. Here's the last of it spun on my new Bosworth spindle. The other two skeins were plied on the wheel and that taupe hank in the middle is the cashmere from several weeks ago. Still looking good, sittin' in the wicker basket like a diva.
| Gun Metal Blue spindle spun Angora/Wool yarn |
The audio book is done, and I am glad. An audio book about hallucinations keeps you looking over your shoulder a lot, if you know what I mean. I'm already a jumpy sort of person, and the constant thought of invisible mind tricks can make you a little paranoid!
KNITTING
| Second Walnut Sock Footie almost finished! |
The Walnut Socks are just about done - doing the toe decreases this evening while watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. (If you dare watch it, be prepared.)
These little footie socks are so fun and the ribbing around the foot make it go fast and keeps it interesting. I'm clicking the box that says LIKE. They need to be washed and blocked for a better look, cause right now they look a little rumpled.
PERSONAL
We watched a dvd last night that my son loaned us, called The Big Year. Its about three guys who are birders or birdwatchers and they are competing for the most sightings in a single year. Its a really cute movie and especially good if you're the type to keep bird feeders in your yard.
I took several pictures today of birds that live in my neighborhood and I'll leave them with you till next time!
| Robin next door |
| Nuthatch? Warbler? |
| Robin looking for worms |
| Mourning dove early this morning |
| Wren, maybe? |
| Another dove |