PERSONAL
Another good weekend under the belt - in spite of the chilly weather! Friday afternoon the kids arrived and we headed to McKay, which is a used book/music store. You can bring in books and music for a store credit or cash, which makes this a great place for college students and starving musicians to shop.
I picked up a couple of biographies about Anne Lindbergh and a novel, as well as a few children's books. Super cheap!
We were supposed to go to Cheekwood Botanical, but it was just too cold. After the bookstore we hit a few shops nearby and then headed home. My brother in law and niece (out of town) got to our house in time for supper. He and my husband are wrapping up things from the sale of my FIL's house, regarding taxes. So glad that's all been done! Seems like there's always something more when you're dealing with the tax man. Exhale.
All ten (okay 9.5) of us had breakfast at my daughter's condo on Saturday morning. Walking into someone else' house to the smell of frying bacon is one of the best experiences in the world. Oh my word. Juice, coffee, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, eggs and bacon. Holy smoke, it was good!
And all weekend long I was taking home movies with this:
A gift I got for my birthday in 2009. I don't use it often, but am making a real effort to take videos and use my movie program on the computer.
KNITTING
With both pairs of footie socks done, and only the ripple blanket on the needles, I am ready to start a new knitting project. That is absolutely delicious for a knitter. I have yarn coming out my ears and patterns galore. The internet, and Ravelry in particular, show no signs of stopping where free patterns are concerned. I'm telling you, the sky's the limit! I am inching toward the 2013 goal of learning to steek. Probably I'll just start with a small sampler or two till I get the hand of it.
SPINNING
There's a lot of carding left to do in the garage, but it looks completely doable. I fully expect to complete the carding of all wool by the start of summer, and hope to spin everything I own by the end of the year.

