Wednesday, April 3, 2013

59th Street Bridge (Feelin' Groovy)

After a very fun weekend with the family, I woke up on Monday missing my knitting.  I hadn't knit all day Sunday, and most of Saturday, so I started the Monday morning coffee with a few rows of The Beginner's Triangle.

KNITTING
For some reason, even though I'd already finished a full cup o'Joe, I could not master two seemingly ordinary stitches.  The first being "K1 in stitch below" and the other was a new take on the old, "knit stitch but do not remove from left needle".  Surely it was just early, but I had to look at the glossary and google a few times until I figured these out!

What the heck? What's wrong with me?  And this is the shawl that I referred to as The Beginner's Shawl?? My, oh my, aren't we full of ourselves?  Just goes to show you that even veteran knitters are still beginners.  Lesson learned. (Don't brag, its not becoming, and you'll just have to eat your words!)


PERSONAL
I promised lots of pics from the weekend so here they are in My Daughter Betsy's Blog.
Everything was a success and it meant more to me this year than most, to really do things right.

table set by my lovely daughter Betsy

 My garden is sprouting turnips, and they already have their second set of leaves or true leaves. 
TURNIPS!


On Saturday I read that Edith Schaeffer had passed away.
Edith and Francis Schaeffer
 She was pretty much the only living person who I wanted to meet before I die.  She was the writer of the book L'Abri, and I used the principles of the book to guide my life (along with the Bible).  She was married to a theologian named Francis Schaeffer, but to me, she was greater than him. She was the epitome of grace, discretion and a religious version of the better known Jackie Kennedy Onassis. Edith Schaeffer believed in making the best out of difficult circumstances, seeking the Lord's will even when it seemed like it could never work.  I never did meet Edith, on this Earth, but I am confident I will meet her on the other side. Until then.