![]() |
| Fancy tea party! |
![]() |
| Thank you gift - Coasters (Hand Knitted by the hostess!) |
We all have something in common. We are all married to musicians. The other ladies are young enough to be my daughters, and their husbands are on tour right now. My husband used to travel quite a bit as a musician, and was on tour when I met him. He traveled a good bit even after we were married, and while our kids were growing up.
![]() |
| My two kids saying goodbye to their dad at the airport back in the 90's |
I never really thought that my experiences were of value but today I was asked to share some of them. Not everyone values the job a musician does; not everyone sees it as legitimate. Then if the musician becomes successful, everyone wants to know "how you make a living" doing something like that. The supporting role of being a musician's wife is extremely rewarding, unique and has lots of ups and downs. I wouldn't trade it for anything, and I felt really good sharing with these band wives how important their role is. God bless them!
I'm almost ready to start another knitting project, and I can only say that what's on the needles hasn't changed since my last post.
What has changed, however, is the amount of wool I've been processing. Picking and carding is taking a while, and I'm really ready to be done with the current gray fleece. And I'm only half done with it. What's up with that?? I still have a really large white fleece that is going to take some doing! Gee!
I plied the shiny green bamboo yarn - two ply and only two skeins, not a lot of yarn for $12. Pretty end result but disappointed in the small amount of yarn I got. Probably not more that 200 yards. This stuff better be good when I knit a swatch!
I bought a new book on our date night Friday, but after I got home and made it into the second chapter, I had to put it down. Not my cup of tea, if you know what I mean. Glad I got it on the discount table! It was banished to the book shelf this morning, and right away I got online and found an Agatha Christie audiobook to soothe my disappointment. Thank you Agatha for being a classic writer!
Her books always shoot straight about human nature, deception and truth telling. My husband and I watch a TV show called The First 48, about detectives solving crimes, usually homicides. In every episode, there is an interrogation room where a detective and a suspect or witness sit for an interview. Its always obvious who is a deceiver and who is a truth teller. I love Agatha books because the same two people always show up. Deceivers and truth tellers. And there's usually a cup of tea being served !!




