Here they are closer up - I reduced the brightness on the photos so that you could see the marvelous color.
| God's gift that I nearly missed! |
| Even the weeds are lovely close up |
| Incredible detail among the blades of grass |
| Teeny tiny flowers |
| CLICK ON THIS ONE - so little! |
They are all so tiny, maybe an eighth of an inch in diameter. Maybe. The dry leaves and clover look huge - like something out of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
So now, most of the flower beds have been trimmed, weeded and rustled up. They are excited that I'll be planting stuff soon. Around here, you have to wait for April 15th to put out your plants.
KNITTING
My granddaughter was here last week and we made a valiant effort to take her to the park for a little while. It was really chilly and we realized she had no hat. I found one in the closet and my husband tried to put a rubber band around it, but it just didn't work. I'm amazed she didn't catch a cold while we were out there, but it solidified my guilt that she had no hat. The only hats I've made her were for newborns and those are way too small now. So even though its turning warm, she just might need a hat in the future, and dadgummit, I'm making her a hat.
Its made of silk, so that it won't be too warm, and less likely to irritate her skin, but its soft and lovely and just enough cover for her little princess skin.
![]() |
| Charlotte rock climbing at the park with no hat! |
SPINNING
If I posted pictures of the carding I've been doing, you'd shriek and drop your coffee mug, like a Roadrunner cartoon. It looks awful out there. The carded batts look more like furry, large prehistoric animals hibernating amongst the boxes in the garage. But they're actually great signs of progress to me. I'm down to the last two fleeces, after the one I'm carding now. That means that I'm about to have a yarn store's amount of wool for any purpose I could imagine. Like that big room full of gold coins and treasures they have in the movies, after a treasure hunt. Its that exciting for me. I can hardly wait! But I've determined that I will card all of the wool by the middle of July, and I know I can do it. Woo hoo!
READING
I have finished Defending Jacob and The Happiness Project. My father in law is anxious for me to read the story of Corrie Ten Boom, since he's re-reading it now, and has ordered me a copy. It seems strange that I've never read her book, so I can't argue with his goal for me. It should arrive today, and will be my nightstand book for the next little while. I'm looking for a new audio book for my iPod, but nothing strikes me yet.(I'll have to get back to you with that! ) Any suggestions would be appreciated ~
