Monday, February 22, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

After spinning the gray Alice fleece, I had no trouble coming up with a name for the project I knit with the yarn. Alice in Wonderland of course. I am intrigued with a throw done in large cables and reverse stockinette on the cover of an old Lion Brand catalog. I may just use the Alice yarn for that throw. And I think I may dye the yarn green,...maybe.

I haven't picked a stitch of the week so I'd better get on it.
And I was very tardy getting out the invite for this month's spinning meeting. I had offered to host and even have it on my calendar, but didn't send out the email till today.

I'm drinking some hot chocolate and wondering where all that beautiful weather went. It was just so pretty all weekend and a tease is a tease. Very frustrating. Today is not cold, but gray and cold-looking from the window. Hurry up, spring!
I took the Leroy Brown sock with me yesterday evening to church and got in several rows.
I'm just about ready to decrease for the toe, which will be a welcome part of the process.


I also measured the purple round knitting swatch. Exactly 4.5 stitches per inch. I found a cute little short sleeve pullover but I'm gun shy about trying another sweater just yet. =(
Since I've had today off I've been cleaning house: dusting, vacuuming, mopping and washing. I started the year with a pedometer to track my steps each day. An average at-work day consists of less than a thousand steps. A stay at home day (today) had me at 7,000 by 9 a.m. It's after lunch and I've passed 11,000. I have to tell you that this continually surprises me.
Does it surprise you too?

I put away my last book - it took a nosedive about halfway through and did not look like it was gonna recover. I started a non-fiction book about Henrietta Lacks and a spiritual book called Crazy Love; both seem to be a vast improvement!