
Sometimes
the way things look aren't actually
the way they are. Some situations seem worse by their appearance - but looks can be deceiving.

I placed my cell phone next to the scarf so you could see how long it really is. And it looks dark against the white bedspread. But you've seen the previous photos, some looking green, brown or even black. You can't always trust your eyes or the dim light. (I still need to weave in the loose ends.)

This week was one of the worst I've ever had, and mostly because of the way I was seeing things. Or the way I was afraid things really were. I didn't trust my gut or my brain; I was listening to my emotions and fears. Now that's dangerous. Even pilots know not to do that, cause you could crash your airplane.
I had a real turnaround this afternoon, coming out of a meeting that 1. confirmed what my brain was telling me and 2. dispelled the fears I had that there was no hope. I want more than anything else, to post things that encourage and uplift, and sometimes I write entire rants, realizing later how good it was that I didn't post those feelings.
I love to read and hear things that uplift me. It's so important that we keep our perspective and a sense of proportion.

After all the snow last weekend, and more rain and showers today, I was really starting to get down in the dumps. What a relief to find a glimmer of hope & light today. Thank you Lord for lifting me up!
I have a new knitting project to share soon. I've started a pair of ecru gloves for my daughter. A friend sent me a pattern that I'm trying out (needles to yarn ratio) and seeing how the stitches look so far. Easy pattern, too!
And I've got Sara Palin's book on my iPod.