
On a day that's meant to remember love and affection, I have to share something that's close to my heart. My husband. He is the most thoughtful person you will ever meet, and even in the midst of all my weirdness, he treats me like a queen. I am so blessed! He's already given me my gift, and I've made him a pineapple upside down cake. That's what he wanted!
Another thing that's close to my heart is my knitting of course! I realized that my new blog (old blog hacked) hasn't got an archive of all the socks I've knitted over the last several years. So I thought I'd post a quick shot of what's still in the dresser.

Everyone needs to clean out their sock drawer once in a while, and why not in the middle of winter, when your socks are starting to get holes in them.....

The row counter is a lifesaver when knitting cables. You can see how the first half of the sock has cable turns every 4th or 5th row.

Then I re-read the directions and found that I should be twisting every 8th row! Oh well - a design element, yeah, that's it. Design.
Spinning silk is a two step process and the first step is separating the hankies, then drafting them into usable strips. I love the way they look when I piled them next to my wheel. So delicate!

I'm almost through with my Sarah Palin book, Going Rogue. I have to hand it to her, she's getting the last word in, based on her book sales alone. It amazes me what the media got away with, during the McCain campaign. And it's scary how much the election was based on the age and race of the candidate and not the experience and qualifications of the man. We are truly and American Idol society, basing all our opinions on the cover of the book and not what's inside. (That's my opinion, and you may disagree; that's perfectly fine with me!)
And while we're setting the record straight, I have to mention that my mom asked me about the time on my last post. The clock is wrong and has been since I've been on blogger.com so now I've got the correct time. I'll be sure to keep an eye on that in the future!