Saturday, February 20, 2010

Boxcar Children

Last night after supper, while shopping at Wal-mart for some new pajama pants, we met a couple that reminded me of 'the good ole days'. Do you know what I mean? Those experiences that are so pleasant and wholesome, you just feel good for a while and savor the moment.
When my kids were little, we'd read books like the Little House series, Winnie the Pooh and the Box Car Children. They'd make you believe in a time and place where things were pure and innocent, free from the darkness that wants to invade our lives all the time.
This couple we met were older and did most of their shopping at Walmart and the Goodwill Store. They told us how they met. They were both 70 and had only been married to each other for 9 years, having lost both their spouses to cancer years before. They'd lived parallel lives, and finally met at their church, about 20 miles away in a community called Triune.

Today has been a wonderful, beautiful day. The sky is lovely, this morning cloudy, but now it's sunny and warm!! Wooooo Hoooo! Exactly what I need!

I went to a guitar show with my husband this morning. Saw an old friend that sells super expensive vintage guitars ( you could almost buy my house for the price of the one above - 1960 Les Paul Burst).
(Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple owned this Gibson SG)


DH has the day off and we've fired up the grill for tonight, since it's so pretty.

I've worked on my sock and it's going really fast; no counting rows, cables, ribs or nothin'!
I'm savoring this time after a somewhat stressful week. I'm making some changes and decisions about some things and although that can be very freeing, there's a certain amount of anxiety that can come with the unknown. Life is complex, and we're all are sure of that!