Wednesday, February 24, 2010

For the love of Money

I love that song by the O'Jays. And the lyrics are so true! People are so hung up about money.
Day after day, we are becoming more and more aware of how much we love our money. No one makes a decision nowadays without 'counting the cost'. There seems to be no end of advice for folks who want to be prudent and not spend too much. I wonder what our world would be like if we all just became really, really generous. Not caring how much a thing cost, but rather looking at how much they valued or wanted something. To what extent would we go to get that thing? How much happier we'd all be if those around us just dropped all their inhibitions and gave their all every single time? All facets of life would change, don't you think?

I have one area of my life that really fits into that category. I have lots and lots of yarn. Its not hard to be generous, or extravagant with my projects, because I know I have lots of dyed yarn, undyed yarn and even fleece that's waiting to be spun and dyed. What a blessing to know this!!
There's no end to the projects I can take on, if I only had the time to knit more........

I have finally closed the toe on the first LB sock and have cast on for the second sock.



I've captured some really good cloud pictures this week. I'm so glad the snow has let up for a few days. The sky has been gorgeous!!
I love the 'sky blue' and I wish I had some sky blue yarn. I do have the sapphire yarn and I could surely have a dye-day soon, if the weather co-operates. I'd like some sky blue and hot pink!!
I miss my sister lately and am wishing I could go down to Tampa to visit her. I can tell my color choices are leaning toward the tropical. Spinning group is tomorrow, here at my house so I'm looking forward to getting some inspiration! Hope to post at least a couple of pictures Saturday!
By the way, in the picture above, I was sitting at a red light on lunch hour and realized that right above those blasted lights, was a beautiful gift from God, just for me. Next time, don't look at the red light, look at the sky!