It is early Saturday morning and the wind is blowing and the rain has been light but present for a day or so. I don't really care, though, because for the first time in a long time, I'm inspired. My husband said yesterday, "she's back...". He's right. No need to belabor the point, but I will say that a cloud has lifted and I'm thinking more clearly now. For at least a month or so, and to be honest, probably longer, I've had a diminished desire to be me. Kind of in a holding pattern, like a plane that just can't land.
I think I've finally landed. And here are some things floating around in my head this blustery Saturday morning (aided by some strong coffee and folks around me who care about me).
I'm going back to my old day-timer. I picked up a newer, more colorful one around Christmas, but it's just not working. The old one is back, even though it's overweight and not as cute. It works really well for me, and I'm just going to make the effort to keep it with me!! There.
I'm also going to do a better job of eating. I have a friend who's a writer, and she also publishes a weekly menu-suggestion with shopping list with nutrition information. savingdinner.com
I used to use this all the time and every so often, I'll get out my saved files for inspiration. I intend to go back to being more intentional with my eating and cooking. And Lord help me stay away from comfort-cheeseburgers on my lunch hour!
My knitting and spinning has been so-so and again, I want to be more intentional with my projects. Wintertime is the best time for knitting and I've only got a few more months of cold weather to knock out some great projects! (Seriously thinking of a sock of the month or stitch a week KAL.)
And finally, I am trying something today that's a real stretch for me. Not kidding. I'm going to get my nails done today. I have been keeping them polished and filed but typing all day takes its toll on the edges and tips. Salons will paint a hard coating on your nails to keep them strong, and you don't have to go with the Cruella DeVille look or the 'white-out-on-the tips' look . That's just not me, I could never pull that off. (People would laugh, I'm sure; especially all my Birkenstock wearing friends!). But I would like a little something to strengthen the ends.
And last but not least, I really want to blog more often. When I don't blog, I think I'm just not dealing with things, and that's not good. I do want to maintain privacy, but there's something so cathartic about expression.
There are no pictures today, but lots of link so you can share my enthusiasm. And please read yarn harlot's post about best laid plans. I love the way she writes! This is where today's post found it's land legs.