A great Superbowl indeed - hooooooray for the Saints! I grew up very near New Orleans and much of the culture on the Gulf Coast is influenced by it. So it was natural that I would root for the Saints yesterday, and God Bless' em, they won!And I can't believe Dree Brees asked to pose with my Leroy Brown sock. He said he knew I knitted on it all during the game and that it was only fair to share the credit and the glory! Aw shucks! I wasn't able to go with him and his family to Disneyworld, as I have to work this week.
I came home tonight and made some supper, although I felt a little queasy all afternoon. I had chills last night and again today, but I was hoping it was the fish I had for dinner yesterday. DH swore it smelled funny, and I swore it was just the marinade. Not to worry... (we'll see....)
He's working today and tomorrow, so tonight I'm going to make more headway on the Leroy Brown socks. I'm on row 53 and I can't start the heel till row 78. These little rows take a while!
I found a great pattern for my 'swatch a week' idea. I started it this weekend and think it would be a great pattern for a lot of things.
I'll post a good picture soon. And I'm thinking of doing a pair of socks next month that are a WIP. The Stoney River socks that are in my to-do basket. I think with a good washing and blocking they'll be beautiful.
I alluded to something that happened to me last week, and I'll embellish just a bit tonight. A business consultant who tweaks operations for businesses, came by to meet with me for about an hour. I told her all about my "processes" and she listened, very well I must say. And she took notes, and she nodded and asked questions. I was sure she was going to say, 'honey, there's nothing I can do for you - you're a mess'. But instead she smiled and assured me that there were some very simple solutions to my work stress and frustration. It was such a relief to have someone who truly, truly understood what I was going through and like a angel, could tell me things were not hopeless. Thank God there are people out there, who going around making life better for other people!