Tuesday, March 9, 2010

They're here!

I have been patiently waiting for the snow to melt long enough for my little seeds to sprout!
I can't believe they finally came up. It's like seeing your first sonogram (almost). The soil looks so dry but I think the little guys actually needed to dry out and get in some sunbathing. Aren't they darling?

I think I planted them about the same time I started these socks. I'm making good progress with my cables; no cable needle around, just using the spare DPN.
Two cables on the sock - one on each side. First is cable forward. Second is cable back.
Here's the forward.
On Monday I had a tummy ache and came home; what a blessing that it was such a warm, lovely,sunny day, I wrapped up in my sweater and sat on the patio for a while. I really needed the vitamin D.
Things are changing at work. I'll be leaving at the end of next month so I'm trying to think ahead for the next guy/girl who takes over my position. I do hope it's successful for them. I'm sure they will do very well. As for me, I'm looking forward to my future and what I'll be doing. Everyday I get more and more excited. I can hardly wait!
While I was sitting around the house on Monday afternoon, bored, I decided to put on a big pot of water to boil and add some vinegar and yellow dye.

SUNFLOWER!
Can you tell I'm looking forward to spring? And daylight savings time is just days away!!