Yes, you read my title correctly. I went to Yarniverse in Memphis and I did buy something; a sweater pattern that my daughter just loved. Nice cabled boatneck sweater.
I also ate at Cafe Eclectic which was just the kind of place I love to visit. Not like a cattle call (buffet), not an open, airy, look-who's-here place, not a pricey, snooty, waiter-thinks-he's-all-that kind of place either.
(knitted lamp post cozy in front!)Just a cozy, warm, bakery like cafe where they bring you good coffee, food and check on you only when they see you're out of something, otherwise they leave you alone to eat and visit in peace and privacy.
(Can you tell I have a thing about eating out?)We also visited my son in law's new school building. He's a 2-L student and my daughter and he live in the heart of the city.






(Judge not lest ye be judged!)
The building is downtown and used to be a large post office. The renovation brought in imported Italian marble and beautiful windows with views of the Mississippi and Mud Island. Mud Island was featured in the movie The Firm and the little house that Tom Cruise and his wife were given in the movie is in my daughter's neighborhood. (lots of free trivia today, whether you want it or not!)They are great hosts and treat us so well when we visit - chocolates on the pillows, tours of anything we might remotely be interested in, and never a bore to be around.
It's always a fun time for me. Last night we watched The Informant and I was cringing all the way till the end. You may not like this kind of movie, but it was pretty unsettling, since it was true.
I knitted just enough on my deep purple sweater-sleeve #2, but tried my best to not be preoccupied while we talked. I did enjoy the quiet mornings reading and praying. Very nice to not be in too much of a hurry.