
When ever there's a change up at the local mall, you can usually find a sign somewhere that will tell you where the store is that you're looking for, relative to where you are standing. At our local mall, I've noticed that one dept. store has no, 'you are here' dots on their signs. I even mentioned it to a manger one time and he said he knew it, and it frustrated him to no end that they wouldn't allow him to change it. Now that makes no sense! How are you supposed to find someplace else, if you don't know where you are now?

(ha, you knew it was coming...) Well knitting is the same way; if you lose your place in a pattern, it really makes no sense to keep looking at the directions or even to keep on knitting, until you find out where you are.

I'm at row 69, having just completed a cable row. I will knit to row 76 and cable again, then commence plain knitting (no more rib) and get ready to place my afterthought heel thread.
Now you can see where I am!

I recently made some life changing decisions that are beginning to take shape. I am blessed to have a Savior who guides me every step of the way;
some people don't have that advantage. It's really handy when you don't know what to do next, to be able to ask the guy with the map. He's pretty much always been right, as far as I can tell.
Just knowing where I'm at has given me peace. Even this morning during prayer, I sensed more direction - very specific in fact. And all day long I kept thinking of my 'little moment' of direction and finding comfort there.
It's no fun being lost, just ask any kid who's gotten separated from his parents at the mall! And what a joy to find your way again.