Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Couldn't get it right

I said I was going to do it and I did. I got out that little rigid heddle loom and went for it.
There are tons (okay not literally but you get the idea) of little hanks of wool and wool blends in my stash in the garage. This little bit is linen and hemp, I think. Maybe the only one. The warp is cotton so the weft really needed to be hard as well. Anything too soft could have sent me running if it proved to be too tricky.

I'm really pleased with what I've done so far, and that's saying a lot. I am pretty hard on myself and do not like to attempt things if I don't think I'll succeed. I figure there are lots of people who do things well and I don't have to corner the market on everything. I hope I can find a few things in this world that I do well. Let all the other stuff get done by people who are really good those things!

The Stoney River heel stitches are picked up and ready to knit.
I hope to take this with me today as I have a date with my daughter and future daughter in law to get our nails done for the wedding. If I get a pedicure instead, I can knit while they're doing my toes! (I am not a pedicure kinda girl, by the way, so all you therapists out there should be proud - getting outside my safe/comfort zone!)

And here's a To-Do list project I hope to do later this summer.
This chair was prepped by a kitty cat with claws like a velociraptor, surely. But.. with a little TLC and some new fabric, I hope to bring this dainty little chair back to the future.
Rip off the old fabric, clean well and sew slipcover. Easy, right?