The last week has been a bit of a blur with my son's wedding. Company in from out of town, places to go, things to do, and of course the obligatory computer crash. Yes, my computer crashed on Saturday afternoon, so I cannot post much in the way of pictures. We had to install a new operating system so I have effectively lost all of my address book, emails, bookmarks and pretty much anything that was saved to my desktop or hard drive in the last three or four years. My husband has high hopes that he can get it all back for me, so we will see.
With all the media we are so dependent on, I have become painfully aware that whether I like it or not, I am hooked. I am reading a new book by Nicholas Carr that addresses this topic. I do love computers and the internet, but I also love audio books and paper books and my kindle. And like the mouse in Who Moved My Cheese, I usually just re-route my habits for a while when things like these happen. I've said before, be ready to embrace Plan B. (as in, Be Flexible!)
We'll be driving to NC and back tomorrow to take my father in law home. I plan to make progress (finish) Stoney River sock #2 on the drive. My parents left this morning and we had a wonderful visit, catching up and hearing new stories of days gone by. Family visits are always an encouragement to me, and the celebration of my son's marriage made it extra special... I cannot express how blessed I feel. Full and rich!
Next week I will be working all week and am taking advantage of my last week of 'freedom'. Today will be laundry and house cleaning post-party. Boxes of stuff are all around and things need to be put away as well.