Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I try

I love that song by Macy Gray, "I try" and I think I'm naming this little thing Macy's Gray. Okay?
It's become the project lying on the ottoman in the living room. I don't take knitting with me much anymore, although I did take it to church a couple of weeks ago and made some pret-ty good progress!

The yarn will run out soon but lo and behold, look what I found in the garage! (But wait, there's more/ I heard someone say)

The yarn is cabled but I've got some un-cabled yarn that could be plied together to make more, and I'm sure I'm gonna need it.
What can I say? I try.

Today I had to learn some new tricks and am ever aware that I'm old as dirt. In every sense of the word. My body doesn't do the things it used to do, or at least as easily. I feel like I'm in really good physical shape, for my age. Emphasis on the word age.
Fourteen year old girls can eat candy, stay up late, get up early and run around a school gym and not really complain at all. I know cause I used to be that girl. I cheered in high school and junior high, rode in buses with stinky ball players to opposing schools full of our enemies to play ball games at 7 o'clock at night. Then leave the game sweaty, go out to a steak place with all those same kids, eat awful food, pile back into the bus and head back to our hometown. I could make it home, do homework and get up and do it all again the next day. And do really well on a test.

Today is a WHOLE other ball game, so to speak. I am grouchy without coffee, complain if I can't get to bed on time, and gripe when I have to do anything taxing two days in a row. How's that for being 'fit for my age'??
Like I said, I try!