I was sitting at the LAX airport on Thursday and thinking of my connecting flight, and the previous connection I had made on Monday, and then counted all the cities I've been in or through in the last few months. I realized how blessed I am to have been so many places. I live a rich life, that's sure. I am not rich with earthly wealth, though. I've never once flown first class on a plane, I only today, for the first time have had a fridge with ice/water in the door. I've never paid $100 for a pair of shoes and have never owned a laptop computer. But I feel rich all the same. I want for nothing, and am rich with family who love me and I love them. Now there is true wealth.My husband's aunt lost her mother to cancer this month and asked if he would be willing to do the funeral, since he is an ordained minister and, of course, family.
They took care of the details and we arrived on Monday afternoon to see family members preparing to say goodbye to Grandma Ina. She was loved by many and left a great hole in her absence. Her husband's family was wealthy by earthly standards, but she was a very wealthy woman by another standard. She cared deeply for all those around her. She was a joyous, mischievous person who lived life fully, to the very end. What a legacy; I hope to do the same.I enjoyed myself while in CA, and without delay, I found a Starbucks more than once.


My husband took me to IKEA, and I got the famous dish towels.

I enjoyed the warm weather and got reacquainted with lots of relatives while there. The flowers are always beautiful and the people are always genuine. My husband remarked that he hated to leave, and I believe him.

There is a special place in our hearts for family out west.