
Spinning this lavender would have been a drag, except for the terrific
angelina fiber that I was able to incorporate when I carded the wool. As I spin, I'm pulling lots of 'bits & pieces' out that would certainly make the yarn not very smooth. I've kept a large paper cup on the floor because there are just too many little bits to vacuum up later. Whaddya think?

Pretty nifty, huh? There's not a lot of it, but I'm excited to think of the possibilities! Maybe a cute pair of gloves in the winter, or trim for a hat....
I've also worked a bit more on the chair slipcover. First some diagrams with measurements, and then the first cut of the fabric donated by my beautiful mother.


I know the fabric is sideways, so don't worry. I realized it right before I went to cutting on it! I've cut and pinned on the front/seat section and the back. I'm always nervous about that first cut.
When my kids were little, my sister was often around with her really nice camera taking really nice pictures of the kids in the most natural, un-contrived settings. The photos were just adorable, and I cherished them. As the babies became toddlers, and learned how to use scissors, they became aware that cutting those photos was a lot of fun, till mom found out. Fun over.
But the sad part to me was that the precious photos were ruined. Lots of chops and cuts all over, that made the photos impossible to scan or really salvage in any way. I kept them, but always remembered the cuts.

Our reputation is a lot like those photographs. We make sure that we look the right way and drive the right car and live in the right place and do the right things, but then we open our mouths and make little cuts all over the photograph of our reputation. There's a quote that says something to this effect, "Your actions speak so loudly, I can't hear what you're saying."
I pray that somebody will grab me and shake me the next time I start to open my mouth and ruin the reputation I'm trying so hard to preserve! We have so few chances to make an impression on someone, and the lasting effects of even one or two thoughtless words can last forever.