Saturday, October 3, 2009

A blog is a blog is a web-log

I realized a few minutes ago that I was having one of those awesome moments; the kind you dream about during the week and imagine having, but never quite seem to get around to it. Today I worked in the yard, digging a new garden, like I used to do.

Ending the afternoon dirty and yukky and ready for a nice hot bath. Which I just took, with my Eucalyptus Spearmint bath salts and my husband's Crabtree & Evelyn 'Sienna' bar soap. I was reading my new book and had some classical music playing in the bedroom. Practically perfect in every way. So here I sit in my office on a beautiful, sunny, breezy afternoon, sipping peach iced tea and uploading photos for my blog.

This morning I started a pot of simmering water to dye some wool yarn. Spinning group yesterday got canceled so I decided to dye something anyway. I had already re-tied the skeins so that they wouldn't look tie-dyed when finished.

Before I'd had a chance to add the soaked yarn to the dye-bath, I noticed an enormous amount of water on the floor on the other side of the breakfast area. It was one of those moments when all I could say was, Honey, somethings wrong. It didn't take very long to determine that the spray hose on the sink had sprung a leak and would have to be replaced, so off my DH went to the hardware store.

So, back to the dye-bath with my beautiful yarn. It took the dye well and in a couple of hours the yarn was on the patio.

You can see why the ties have to remain on the yarn. It gets pretty tangled when you put it in the water.

With the breezy day outside, it took practically no time at all for the yarn to dry. Isn't it lovely?