Monday, October 5, 2009

Indigo Go-go

I leave in the morning for Atlanta to go see U2 with my husband and his brother & wife. On the way, you guessed it, I will be knitting. I doubt I'll be able to take the project into the stadium, but I'd sure like to try.

My new project is this great little sweater. I'm on a quest to find a sweater pattern that fits me. This is from Mac&Me.
I dyed this yarn a few weeks ago and it's been sitting in my office with that very pattern laying on top of the yarn basket. I just had to give it a try. Lots of measurements and math calculations later, I've decided that there is a)enough yarn, b)the right gauge and c) a pretty decent pattern to have a go at this sweater.
I swatched and got 4 sts. per inch on my Ivory needles. (Size 10?) The sweater body is knit in the round but I've started the sleeve and made good progress; almost finished tonight while watching the Vikings play the Packers. This is Brett Favre's first time to play against his old team. Quite a game!The sleeve needs to be 17 inches from wrist to underarm, then I start the sleeve cap shaping. I measured my favorite sweater and it's 17" so that's my only real alteration so far.
I am keeping good records and notes in case this turns out to be a great fitting sweater.

I went into work today and did my best to cover myself while out for a couple of days. It's not like things can't go on without me, I just don't want to have a boatload of work to catch up on, while I'm trying to do my regular stuff when I get back. I can only delegate to one person, our new receptionist, but thankfully, she's very eager and willing to help. I also asked my boss to do one thing for me. He seemed happy to do it and I'm glad. He told me today to let him know when the work load gets to be too much. (I thought I did last week....)