
Today I dropped off a a rubbermaid tub of my yarn to my friend Carolyn. She's been doing demonstrations at Travelers Rest, an historic home in Nashville that hosts Trade Days in October. The folks are in costume and the event resembles a Williamsburg experience. (I wish I had some Brunswick Stew!)

She will be taking my yarn to be sold in Indiana, if there are any takers. She has mentioned to me before that there are folks at this particular craft show who would probably be very interested in buying some of my yarn. Admittedly pessimistic, I have smiled and thanked her for the compliment. But this time, she's called twice to ask for the yarn, so here goes. A sampling of my homespun taking it's first road trip! I named the yarns Begonia, Navel Orange, Sand, SkyBlue, Vintage Pink and Rosie to be more memorable.
After dropping the yarn off we got a bite to eat and visited a book store where we picked up these goodies.
Leather Book Weight
Book Stand
When spinning or knitting or even on the treadmill, it can be helpful to have these kinds of gadgets. I like the bookstand in particular, for reading while plying. Excellent deals and very practical tools!
My appetite for reading actually started early in life. I was a very studious child and the school I attended gave out lots of homework. It was not unusual for my mom to pass by my room and tell me to close my mouth. It was one of those unconscious habits I had, to let my jaw drop slightly when I was reading or studying hard. I think it’s still true today. I get engrossed in reading something and completely forget about what's going on around me. I love getting lost in a good book, don't you? The kind of book that takes you to a faraway place, where you experience sights and sounds and smells; all virtual, but they feel so real. (Am I the only one who feels this way?) (blushing)