I've begun a swatch using some recently spun lambs wool - double stranded. I'm using some ivory knitting needles I bought at an antique shop in a nearby town. I don't know what size they are, but they're close to a size 10. (They didn't tell me when I bought them, 'cause they just didn't know!)

This is a rib pattern and it's such a breeze to knit without any pattern whatsoever.
The books in the photo have an interesting story to tell. Tonight my husband and I went to our local bookstore for coffee and some browsing. I always check the sale table and sure enough, I found a library copy of Kate Hepburn's biography for $3. I also found this book by an author I really like, Geraldine Brooks. It was $6 and look at what I found inside.

Geraldine's autograph!
Tomorrow our spinning group is meeting to have a dye-day. I'm looking forward to a beautiful fall day but I hear there may be rain. Gee, I hope we don't have to cancel....!