Tuesday, October 4, 2011

All things considered

Yesterday could not have been a more beautiful day.  Okay, maybe the day before was nice, and today might be just as nice as well.  But yesterday sure was terrific.  The skies were clear, the humidity low, temps in a perfect range, and just enough breeze to make you want to find reasons to stay outside.  By late afternoon, I had to take my lawn chair, knitting and a bottle of water outside for a taste of the perfect day.
Lovely day

It's a shame that vacations get all the credit when sometimes the most glorious times can be had in our own back yard.  Lord help me not take for granted the very things I've prayed so hard for in previous days and years!
Bath mats lounging in the breeze

The Knotty Gloves are just being birthed by these little Inox needles (size 3, since you asked).  The 2x2 ribbing should last for 6 cm or just under 2 1/2 inches.

The wool is a blend of two tones I dyed and carded and spun.  I have to remember to pat myself on the back when I knit with my very own homespun yarn.  I think I'll call the color Butterscotch.

Today is the 2nd Tuesday of the month and time for my virtual ladies meeting.  We get together and talk.  We don't worry if our shoes look good with the rest of our outfit.  We don't worry if the car needed to be washed or if our teeth got brushed since the last cup of coffee.  This idea deserves a Nobel Prize.
I read a blog post the other day by a lady  who said some controversial but timely things about women getting together.  Women already feel inferior when we enter a building to meet with another woman.
We worry about our weight, our hair, and our latest tweet.  Too much of our lives are spent focusing on what we should or should not have been doing.  Sometimes women just like to talk, period.  We like to connect and feel accepted.  Maybe men don't, but we sure do.  At least I do.  I don't necessarily like the telephone, but I do like face to face conversations, 'cause this helps me to interpret your reactions toward me.

  I really  don't like when the person I'm talking to glances around or moves their body to let me know they have to keep moving and talk to some more people. Please don't stop to talk to me if you don't intend to listen after you ask me how I'm doing. Thanks but no thanks.

 
Today our ladies meeting focuses on just us and nothing else.  There's no preparing a lesson.  There's no covered dish to bring.  There's no fee to be paid or spiel to listen to.  It's just about us being us.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!