Thursday, October 13, 2011

A-One and A-Two

Golden Gloves

Knitting these little golden gloves has been a breeze, and I'm learning a new way to knit gloves.  Without a long explanation, I'll let the pictures speak for me.  The fingers will be sewn up later.

Thumb is on the side so its reversible!

After recognizing that I was in over my head with any cable work that required a new skill, I succumbed to just knitting plain gloves.
Third finger

I think I will try a few flat swatches to learn the Celtic knot technique with straight needles, and then try to master it knitting in the round.  (Just so you know, flat knitting and round knitting are very different and would require lots of adjustments to the pattern.  Not going there anytime soon!!)

River birch outside the back door

I had a great time last weekend with my family.  My daughter's husband had passed the bar on Friday and we were ready to celebrate! We had a blast playing games (Clue and Catchphrase), shopping (my daughter nearly bought a dog!), eating lots and lots and even went to church together on Sunday morning. We watched some home movies and laughed till our sides hurt. I do not complain about dirty dishes and loads of laundry.  They are signs of life and for that I am very thankful!