Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Don't bring me down!

Mums from some plants I bought years ago
This world is full of people who know what they're doing. I am not one of them.  Frankly I think I could read, listen, study, observe and never feel like I know very much about any given subject.  Well, except for one, maybe.  And its not about anything I do, but something I know. I know God loves me.  I am absolutely sure of that.  Sometimes I have moods and opinions about lots of negative things, and just as often I have moods and opinions about very positive things.  The most important one is God's love.  It truly keeps me going, day in and day out.
Baby radishes from the patio

I read a tweet that I re-posted:
 The orphan mentality causes you to approach life victimized by what you haven't received instead of grateful for what you have received.

Today for instance has been a beautiful day.  Absolutely lovely; warm temps and a slight breeze.  I know the rain is coming, but for the great weather, I am thankful.  You might live in the desert - give thanks you've avoided the monsoons.  You might live in the coldest climate of all - give thanks you avoided the desert.  Glass half full/half empty, you know.
Give me another hand!

I have some golden yarn that's a bit sticky and I'm making these dee-lightful gloves out if it.  I could complain that they're sticky, but rather, I choose to say that they'll repel water when it snows!  See? What good fortune I have!

We ran out of cookies in the cookie jar by the sink.  Instead of complaining, I just got out the cookbook and made some peanut butter cookies.  Who can complain about fresh baked cookies?  I had to do some housekeeping today and I chose to give thanks that I have a house to clean.  Shelter is a blessing, and electricity to run the vacuum with is another blessing!  I could be sweeping a dirt floor.  I've been in houses with dirt floors, and believe me, I am BLESSED to have carpets to vacuum.

Another blessing is a messy garage full of wool that needs to be spun.  I have no problem being thankful for that!  I've been spinning this gray wool and will probably ply it soon.  I've already got a hank of 2 ply and 3 ply.
Shades of Gray

The wool roving came in a large ball and it could use a little attention, since its sticking to itself.  Maybe a few minutes unwinding the ball and making it into a fluffy pile of roving!
Spun bobbins full of gray wool