Friday, October 21, 2011

Hats Off!

Last night we had our very first night time spinning group meeting and all I can say is, Hats Off!  Literally!
Hat #1 with companion brownie




Hats 2 and 3, no brownie included




Hat #4  keeping it real



I am always so encouraged and inspired from these meetings, and I spent most of today in la-la land, dreaming of making hats and trying to decide what kind of yarn looks best with what kind of hat.  So many choices and so few hours in the day to knit.  I could actually sleep less to get more knitting time in, right?


Tonight I'm heading to a bon-fire and chili supper at my friends' house.  She actually came to my house last night, even though I know she had a million things to do today to get ready for her  get-together tonight.  What a gal!!   She's the one who brought all these hats and inspiration to our meeting last night.  She makes hats for all the kids and grandkids every year!  What a goal!  I'm working on Christmas stocking right now for my family, and while  I don't actually have any grandchildren of my own yet, someday soon I'm sure I'll be knitting  some fuzzy hats for little critters too!

I'm super tired today and it took all I had to get on the treadmill.  There just doesn't seem to be enough coffee to wake me up today.  I remember having a day like this a few years ago. Just could not pull it together.

  Its so hard for me to give in to being tired.  Its probably just my body fighting off some kind of bug, and I should take it easy. That would be better for me. And I did sort of  take it easy today, but not by anybody else' standards.  Anyway, I woke up both yesterday and today and went straight to the computer to read on the computer version of my Kindle.  Even though I have a night light to use with my real Kindle, I hate to use it to read in bed. I always feel guilty, like I'm keeping everybody up. (Just who are all these people?  I don't really know...) Anyway I've already had a little 10 minute cat nap today and I'm ready for another one now.   Hope I make it through the party tonight without yawning too much.  I am really getting old, dangit. Just don't call me Grandma.  Not yet.