Thursday, October 14, 2010

In the hole

The lace scarf has become a staple on the couch where I sit in the living room.  Three balls of yarn, one circular needle, and the WIP.  My eyes are drawn to the little holes formed, row after row, by the yarn overs.  When done three at a time, it makes a pattern and in this case, the holes form waves.

I'm knitting four rows of each color and not cutting the thread each time but carrying it all the way to the top.

I've also swatched for my next project;  a Christmas gift for my DIL.  They will be socks made of yarn that she picked out, yarn I had in my stash.   I am really considering doing two socks on circulars, just to be quick or maybe even try the Magic Loop method.

This method can end up being a real pain in the neck if you can't keep the loop just right.  Here's a stock photo of one sock using  Magic Loop.  (kind of looks like a diagram from 10th grade biology!)
Now if you're wondering why my photos look so blurry, (or maybe you've just had too much to drink today)  it's because I took the top two pictures with my cell phone.  DH is on his way out west and has the big camera with him.  It's actually his camera, so I'll let it slide this time! But then you'll have to forgive my poor photo quality.
Deal?

When I got this phone, the guy bragged about what great pictures it would take. Its super handy to have a camera with you at all times, don't get me wrong.  But I think my older camera got much, much better picture quality.  This camera though, is a smart phone.  It can make dinner for four in half an hour, it can cure most diseases, if diagnosed in time, and has been known to cause world peace for literally seconds at a time. Probably its the smartest phone I've ever had! And I'm sure I'm even smarter than most  folks, just because I have this phone in my pocket.