Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful

Today has been a nail biter kind of day.  Weather reports of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Dark cloudy skies and wind that blows the few colorful leaves off the trees.  Yikes. But now, the storms have passed and the temps have dropped considerably.  Thank goodness! ( Driving into a storm can be a courage building exercise. )

While I hunkered down in the house this afternoon, I knit a little more on the Pebble Beach sock #1.

It's looking good and I'm considering making the heel and toe of a contrasting yarn, just to be sure I don't run out of yarn.  I only have the one ball you know! Better safe than sorry, the weatherman just happened to say today.  I placed it next to these cabled socks so you can see how far I've got to go.

I have also worked on the wavy scarf at night, when I could.  It feels so good to knit and I'm looking forward to finishing it.  There's a ways to go, but it will be quick since the deadline is looming.

I caught up with someone from my old job this week and got the latest news.  One new grand baby, one wife who's expecting, one aging parent who's being cared for,  one kid changed schools, two kids off to college, and a new large client in the bag.   So goes office work - what always seems to matter is family, not the work.  I'm glad of that.  I love my family and cherish any and all time I spend with them.  It's important to set an example for the younger generation as well.  They need to see how it's done; family traditions and all.  I look forward to our holiday traditions and getting together with all my loved ones.  We are already filling up the plate so I'm making plans now before they get gobbled up (no pun intended)!