Having several days off in a row has led me to do the unthinkable. Yes, I'm afraid it's all too true - I'm cleaning off some of the bookshelves in my office. I really don't want to do the whole thing, but in dusting, I've found myself re-shelving, moving pictures and books about and generally getting nothing productive done whatsoever.
I have seen the show Hoarders, and I recognize my tendency to hoard books. For no reason in particular, I just like keeping them around. But sometimes you have to purge at least a few, so as not to give the impression that you are in fact a hoarder (which I am, I'm afraid). So I'm working on it.
In the process of all this, and while sorting and filing a few other tidbits, I've been taken back in time about five years. I have been there all day. 2005-2006
And I've concluded that I am a totally boring person. I can't believe how dull I am, and yet it never occurred to me how far below the bar I'd sunk. I found a job description that my old boss put together when hiring my replacement and I thought, wow, I sure did a lot of stuff. And then I read some blog posts from my old blog, and thought how much stuff I did that just did not seem to amount to very much. In the midst of my bookshelf-purge, I am now fully aware of my descent into no-where-ville. I am about through with Laura Bush's autobiography and saw where in 2005 I had finished Marie Antoinette's life story. Both are remarkable women of history.
I told my husband the other day that I'm setting some new goals. I've pretty much reached all the ones I set in high school so it's time to re-evaluate and 'get with it'! You may not see a billboard announcing them, but beware, they're coming.
Which brings me to my scant but worthy progress on the Seraphine scarf. It's super easy, at this point. I've got the pattern memorized, I've got the yarn twisting down (changing colors) and I have a miraculous gadget (ziploc bag) to keep it all in. The second half of the scarf had better get moving, cause I've got more Christmas gifts to make. The leaves are changing outside so I am fully aware of the fact that time's a wastin'!
