Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nothing but rim!

I don't think I ever posted the pictures of the Macy's Gray throw in its finished form. The blocking really helped and I was able to do it a few days ago; the temps have been perfect lately with a little breeze, low humidity and lots of sunshine.

After laying it on the patio table for at least a day, it kept it's shape without any pins and has a real natural look.  I'm so glad since it IS hand spun, undyed natural sheep's wool, raised and sheared locally.  The most organic kind of blanket you could own!

On the other side of the planet, so to speak, my husband and I've been in a video chat with my daughter and son in law in Memphis.  We realized that we could set up an account and talk with our computers and it was like they were here in our house (or us at theirs)!!  How fun - technology has come a long way.  They did not have a video camera in their laptop computer, but they got a small web-cam and installed it tonight so we could chat.  Again, it was so fun!

I have lots of friends who are foreign missionaries and they all have some kind of program like Skype to keep up with their family and friends 'back in the States'.  We've come a long way baby.  I remember as a little girl at church we would write letters to missionaries, encouraging them and we even had a special offering just for missionaries.  Now they can blog, tweet and IM.  Who knew?