Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You never know

Life is like a mail box. You never know what you're gonna get. Isn't that the truth?  Some days start out with you thinking things are going one way.  And the day ends with unexpected news that makes you stop and think about things differently.  Even the grocery shopping this afternoon was different than what I'd planned on.  Who knew?

So I've been knitting like a fiend on this little Seraphine scarf.  It's going so much better now that I've switched to this tiny, itsy-bitsy, little bamboo circular needle.

My daughter bought it for me when she and I went to a festival in NC years ago.  It's a size 5 and the whole thing is only 15 inches long.  You'd think it would be perfect for sock-knitting, but I really like it as a small, purse size circ.



With a few football games over the weekend to keep me seated on the couch long enough to knit, I made great progress with this fingering weight yarn.   When the scarf is blocked and pressed, it will be about 8 inches wide.
   My husband will be going to California in a couple of weeks and he is in search of those airline approved, travel sized liquid containers.  We have a few odd ones around but he is looking for something in particular.  It's funny how you can get fixed on something like that, only to be surprised that you can't find it.

  Often I anticipate a different outcome than I get with certain circumstances. And even though I'm not a mind reader,  I tend to think other folks think like me in most situations.  Uh-uh. They don't!   -- I'm surprised again and again at the way people interpret and deal with things.   I have a long, long, long way to go.